ADAPT-SOG (Slab-On-Grade “SOG”) is a complete three-dimensional (3D) Finite Element (FEM) Analysis and Design tool for the analysis and design of post-tensioned foundations slabs, with or without ribs, on either expansive or compressible soils. It is based on an Extension of the PTI method (E-PTI). The application of the software is for residential, or light industrial buildings. The program generates a graphical model of the entire foundation slab, analyzes the foundation and performs stress checks for conformance with PTI specifications.
ADAPT-SOG builds on the ADAPT Builder platform, the industry’s leading suite of fully integrated analysis and design tools for concrete structures. Using its integrated ADAPT-Modeler capabilities, users can easily and quickly generate their 3D structural model by importing existing CAD files and using ADAPT’s intuitive Component Technology.
Using ADAPT’s Adaptive Automated Meshing and finite element algorithms, the program analyzes the foundation and determines the location, amount and length of all the reinforcement needed by computation.
- Generates a true three-dimensional solid model of the entire mat foundation and grade beams using its in-built Builder-Modeler and
- DWG/DXF files, or
- By using ADAPT’s unique and easy-to-use Component Technology to assemble the structure
- Uses Component Technology to assemble an entire foundation using structural components, such as foundation slab, stiffening beams, and post-tensioning tendons
- Handles non-rectangular and irregular and complex foundation plans
- Treats multiple foundation soil properties below the same foundation slab
- Models steps above and below the mat slab and grade beams
- Place tendons in beam or slab, straight or profiled in any direction
- Apply loads of any configuration, anywhere on the slab in addition to the perimeter loading
- View and examine the solid model to verify the accuracy of the structure’s representation
- Performs a detailed finite element analysis of the entire foundation system and its supporting structure using automatic adaptive meshing, flat shell and frame elements
- Performs code check and reports the location and amount and length of reinforcement needed
- Generates highly professional graphical and tabular reports, including plans for tendon layout with elongation
ADAPT-SOG supports IBC (International Building Code), UBC (Uniform Building Code) and PTI procedure
The program supports the following units:
- American Customary
- PC compatible computer
- Windows operating system
- Minimum of 128 MB RAM
- 10 GB hard drive