ADAPT-ABI Examples Manual has been added. Note that this manual is for v4.5 but applies to input file generation for ABI 2009.
A link has been added to the page giving access to the video tutorial library. This library is kept current and includes short and long videos related to software modeling in PT, RC, Floor Pro, MAT, SOG and ABI. The link is located at the right-hand column on the main blog page.
A new video titled “ADAPT-Floor Pro 2010 Wall Modeling at Stepped slabs” has been added to the ADAPT-Floor Pro/MAT page.
The passwords have changed for all blog content that is protected. We will be sending out an email to all active support and maintenance clients informing you of the latest passwords. If you are no longer on support or maintenace with ADAPT, please contact email@example.com.
The following documents have been added to their specific product pages:
ADAPT-Floor Pro 2010 User Manual
ADAPT-Modeler 2010 User Manual
ADAPT-Floor Pro 2010, ADAPT-MAT 2010, ADAPT-SOG 2010, ADAPT-RC 2010 and ADAPT-PT 2010 Release Notes
We are pleased to announce that ADAPT will begin the formal release of Builder 2010 including Floor Pro 2010 Build 0, MAT 2010 Build 0 and SOG 2010 Build 0. We will begin distributing the products to clients with active support or maintenance contracts at the end of this week. You should receive an email with upgrade information within the next few weeks. If you would like to receive the upgrade sooner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that your support or maintenance contract has expired, please contact us and we can prepare for you a quote to upgrade to the latest version.
Some new features include:
– Vibration analysis for uncracked and cracked slabs
– Mesh generation using exclusion/inclusion of user-defined boundary. This will be mainly for executing vibration for a specific region of a slab.
– Long-term deflection template included in load combination definition.
– Tendon trim tool allowing automated trimming of tendons.
– Punching shear improvements to EC2, BS8110 and Hong Kong codes. The program will now consider the bonded reinforcement and precompression in determining the allowable stress.
– Design according to allowable crack width input and reporting of crack widths.
– Addition of Chinese Code.
– Multiple maintenance issues resolved including bugs and known limitations. These can be viewed in the Builder log file, “LOG_BUILDER.TXT”
A new tutorial video has been added for ADAPT-Floor Pro 2009/2010. The video shows how to add point springs to the base of a column in lieu of a rigid point support. This might be applicable in a model representing a mat slab or pile-cap supported by driven piles or caissons.
ADAPT-Floor Pro 2009/2010 Column Spring Input (rename file extension to .wmv after saving)