The following are general guidelines for exporting models from ETABS to ADAPT-Floor Pro using the Integration Console
- Builder only imports loads that are assigned “STATIC” condition in ETABS. Non-“STATIC” loads (i.e. those generated by response spectrum analysis) are generally not valid for combination with gravity design of floor systems. See TN336 – Design of Floor System for Seismic Forces.
- Group intersecting walls as different pier labels. Define each wall panel as a separate pier.
- Do not assign pier label to columns.
- User-defined name of any element in ETABS should have less than 11 characters and shouldn’t include a space ( ).
- Model walls with no openings.
- For units, use “KN” and “m” instead “N” and “mm” to avoid overlapping of numbers in ETABS output files.